Learn about your Chemistry Profile
What is the Chemistry Profile?
The Chemistry Profile is one of the most important aspects of the Chemistry experience. The Chemistry Profile was designed to do three things:
- Identify your personality type and provide an in-depth look at who you and how your personality type affects your relationships.
- Gather basic information about the attributes and traits you're seeking in a partner (i.e., age range, religious affiliation, and ethnic background) that is used to provide personalized matches.
- Collect information about you that will be shared with your matches through your profile. The types of information displayed in your profile include a basic physical description, photos, lifestyle preferences, cultural background, and your personal essay.
Can I update my profile?
Yes, absolutely. In fact, we recommend updating your profile every few months or so with new information and/or photos, just to keep it fresh.
To update your profile, go to My Profile and then select Edit Profile. Click on the section that you'd like to update, make your changes, and then be sure to submit and save your work.
Profile updates are reviewed by our Customer Care team prior to being posted on the site. Please allow between 48 and 72 hours for the review process to be completed. We'll notify you by email when your updated profile is live on the site and ready for viewing.
What are Chemistry's profile guidelines?
Our Customer Care team reviews each and every profile before it is posted on Chemistry to ensure that it meets our community guidelines.
We may reject profiles that contain any of the following:
- Abusive language of any kind, including vulgarity, racism, illegal activity, etc.
- Any direct contact information, including email addresses, URLs, ICQ/instant messenger IDs, phone numbers, full names, addresses, etc.
- Unauthorized use of copyrighted or trademarked material
- Business or political advertisements or solicitations
- Text in language other than English (to effectively monitor profiles, we require our members to write in English)
- Material that exploits or solicits personal information from individuals under the age of 18
- Overt solicitation for sex or descriptions of sexual activity, anatomy, etc.
- Solicitation of multiple or additional partners.
- Other information or materials that we find to be inappropriate.
If you are notified by Customer Care that there is a problem with your profile, you will be given an opportunity to edit and resubmit your profile for approval.
How do I know if my profile is complete?
As you complete each section of the profile, we will let you know how far you’ve come and what you need to do next.
At any time, you can review and update your profile by going to My Profile and clicking Edit Profile.