Commonly asked questions about Chemistry
What Web browsers does Chemistry support?
For the best Chemistry experience, please use latest version of
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox or
How do I get started?
The first step for all new members at Chemistry is to complete the Chemistry Profile.
The Chemistry Profile generally takes about 35 to 40 minutes from start to finish, though you can save your work mid-way through if you're short on time or called away.
Our customer care team reviews every profile (yes, even yours) before it is posted on the site. Allow between 48 and 72 hours for approval. We will notify you via email once your profile has been approved and posted on the site.
Ready to get started? Click here.
How do I update or edit my profile after it's been posted?
You can update or edit your profile at any time by clicking on My Profile. Select the section(s) you're interested in updating, make your edits, and then submit your changes for review.
Keep in mind that our customer care team will need 48 to 72 hours to review your changes and approve them for posting to the site.
We'll let you know via email when your updates are complete and your revised profile has been posted.
What if I want to take a break for a while? Can I hide my profile?
We know that our members occasionally need to take a break from matching, whether because of increased work load, an upcoming move, or other situations. You can take a break from matching at any time by making your profile inactive.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Chemistry.com account with your email and password
2. Go to My Information and click on 'My Account'
3. Click on 'Account Information' and re-enter your password
4. Choose the steps you would like to take with your profile under 'Profile Visibility'
5. Click Save Preferences
Keep in mind, however, that if you choose to make your profile inactive, ALL your current matches will be archived and cannot be re-opened in the future.
When you're ready to come back, repeat the above procedure. We will immediately reactivate your profile and begin searching our membership for compatible matches.
How do I change my Username, password or email address?
Changing your account information is easy. Go to My Account and enter your password to access your information. Be sure to save any changes you make.
We will send you an email to confirm that your changes have been received by our system.
How is Chemistry different from Match.com?
Chemistry is a premium offering from Match.com, designed especially for people who are looking for help in getting to know someone online so the first date feels like you’re meeting for the second time.
What makes Chemistry different:
- THE TEST. Chemistry’s Personality Test and Profile are fun, engaging, and provides an in-depth look at who you are and what you want in a relationship. Take the test that over 8,000,000 people worldwide have already taken that will give you insight into yourself and your potential dates.
- BE INTRODUCED. We’ll send you free personalized matches with the potential to trigger chemistry. Each day, you can discover who they are and decide if you’d like learn more about them.
- GET TO KNOW. We’ll help you get to know your matches online before you meet them by offering fun and unique activities to flirt and discover more about each other. We even provide you with information and recommendations for your match’s personality type.
- PRIVACY ENHANCED. To enhance your privacy, Chemistry is a closed community. Members are able to be out there, but not everywhere. Only members of the Chemistry community can view your profile and initiate contact with you.
Is Chemistry available in my area?
At this time, Chemistry is available only within the United States.
How do I search for matches on Chemistry?
Short answer: You don't.
Chemistry provides personalized matches for each member, and gives you activities to get to know your matches, in order to make your first date feel like you’re meeting for the second time.
If you prefer to search through profiles, you can visit our sister site Match.com..
How much does it cost to join Chemistry?
We offer a number of different subscription plans, with varying membership periods and pricing plans.
Do I need to worry about privacy? Is Chemistry email secure?
Chemistry email is handled entirely through our Web site, with no connection whatsoever to your personal email address.
That said, we urge all Chemistry members to protect their personal information. In email and all other communications, be careful to not inadvertently reveal details about yourself such as your home address or employer's name.
Why am I not receiving more matches?
First, keep in mind that at Chemistry, it's not about the number of matches you get. The Chemistry system uses the information you provide to search through our membership and find a few potentially compatible matches for your review.
Be sure that you're actively reviewing the matches in your New Matches and Interested In You tabs. You will receive additional matches only when your current matches have been reviewed and moved to either Active Matches or Archives, depending on your feedback.